Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dominique Green A Saint on Death Row Executed By Lethal Injection

[postlink]https://tubemagazine.blogspot.com/2009/10/dominique-green-saint-on-death-row.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwD9GJIhyfkendofvid
[starttext]
"There was a lot of people that got me to this point and I can't thank them all. But thank you for your love and support. They have allowed me to do a lot more than I could have on my own . . . . I have overcame a lot. I am not angry but I am disappointed that I was denied justice. But I am happy that I was afforded you all as family and friends. I love you all. Please just keep the struggle going . . . . I am just sorry and I am not as strong as I thought I was going to be. But I guess it only hurts for a little while. You are all my family. Please keep my memory alive."
Dominique Green Last Words

Dominique came of age as an unloved African-American young man, as poor in spirit as he was in material wealth. Both parents were alcoholics and his father was addicted to marijuana. His mother was mentally ill and tortured and abused Dominique and his younger brothers.

To save his fragile brothers, Dominique took their punishment. He also took one brother to a homeless shelter where they both lived to avoid the constant abuse at home. At age 15, Dominique and his brother Marlin were thrown out of their house by their mother. Dominique rented a storage shed where they both lived, and sold drugs to support Marlin and himself.

One evening in 1992, when Dominique was 18 years old, he allegedly went out with a group of three men whom he knew. They were said to have robbed people at gunpoint. One man, Anthony Lastrapes, was killed by a single shot to the chest. There were no eyewitnesses or scientific evidence to indicate that Dominique participated in this crime, but at the trial the other young men testified against Dominique. In return, the State dropped its capital murder charges against them. Dominique told the police he was there but insisted that he did not commit the murder.

Two of the other men, the black men, went to prison, while the white man who admitted being present at the murder and sharing in the proceeds from the robberies was not indicted or prosecuted at all. Indeed, the State of Texas now will not let this man speak to anyone about the case, even though he was never charged at all. This all occurred in Houston, a part of Harris County , Texas, a place that has sent more inmates to their executions than 47 states and has thus gained the name of the "Death Penalty Capital of the World."

During the sentencing phase of the trial - when the jury was determining whether Dominique should live or die - his court-appointed lawyer chose psychologist Dr. Walter Quijano to testify in defense. To analyze Dominique's future dangerousness, Dr. Quijano took into account the fact that Dominique is African-American. He did not however, share this bias with the jury.
[endtext]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Tube Magazine!